March 07, 2005

Weekend Wind-down

Recap of Robertcat’s weekend:

- Pretty much 72-straight hours of sitting on my couch watching sports, mainly college hoops. It was real, and it was spectacular.

Observations:

- Sunday was not a good day to be a Top-10 team. #1, #3, #6 & #7 all lost, and #2 & #4 probably should have. I don’t think I’ve seen that many upsets in one day since the time I told my family I was gay at my grandparents’ 50th anniversary party. Can you say bad timing?

- Tiger vs. Phil went down to the wire @ Dural, and it actually got me to flip back and forth from UNC/Duke during the last few holes. Golf over UNC/Duke? Can’t say that’s ever happened in my life before. They should just set it up so those two guys are in the last group together every week. And show their hot wives making out with each other every five minutes. That would be cool too.

- Speaking of UNC/Duke, I have no loyalty to either team, but I mark my calendar for those two games every year and they never disappoint. College basketball at its finest.

- Speaking of college basketball at its finest, the Bobcats choked on a fat one with a chance to get a share of the MAC Championship on Saturday. Instead they decided to lose, securing the coveted 4th-seed and making them play a 1st round game. Anything can happen now…

- Time Warner won’t let me get ESPNU. I cried for like three hours, listened to a bunch of emo and then killed myself. So I’m dead now.

- I am a loser.



All original material property of Robertcat, ©2004-2005. Don't steal my stuff or I'll annihilate your face.