November 18, 2004

Ode to my friends from the East

Asians. No wonder America calls them the “Model Minority.” When they aren’t solving groundbreaking math equations, pioneering breakthroughs in cars and electronics, and being lead geneticists in Jurassic Park, they can be down right funny.

I can’t say I’ve ever had a negative experience with an Asian person. Most that I’ve come in contact with are very respectable, friendly, outgoing, and have a great sense of humor. Except when I was 16 and took kung fu for a month, my instructor introduced me to the floor more times than Sub-Zero, which was not cool at all.


Some of my favorite Asians of all-time: Bruce Lee, Hideki Matsui, Mr. Miyagi, Justin Fourman, every person ever on Most Extreme Elimination Challenge, Jackie Chan, and my new favorite: Yuta Tabuse – first Japanese player ever in the NBA.

Some Asians that I’m not particularly fond of: Yokozuna (& Mr. Fuji for that matter), Chiang Kai-shek, Hideki Irabu, Oddjob, the aforementioned kung-fu instructor, and Tommy Chang – NCAA’s new record holder for career passing yards.


To prove that Asians are incredibly smart and funny at the same time, I’ve compiled some photo & video evidence for your enjoyment:

Example of their Efficiency - Their impeccable work ethic starts at an early age.

Keyboard Drum Salesman – I haven’t been this impressed with keyboard skills since I first heard Wesley Willis tickle the fake ivories.

Matrix Ping Pong – There is no way I or any of you reading this could have ever come up with this concept. Genius.

Ninja Rap - Not exactly a real Asian, just a pretend one. Dont even TRY to pass a football with this guy around.

And finally, Yatta! (click on yatta.asf)– I enjoy this. You will enjoy this. When you figure out why we enjoy this, let me know.

All original material property of Robertcat, ©2004-2005. Don't steal my stuff or I'll annihilate your face.