February 22, 2005

Review: Ed

Let it be noted that my television gets turned off of ESPN for non-sporting events at most maybe three times in any given day. Sometimes for Seinfeld on TBS from 6-7, sometimes for late-night talk shows (when there’s not a west-coast game on), and every single weekday from noon-1 to watch my new favorite recently-cancelled network show on TBS: Ed.

Now, I don’t get into “shows” like The OC anymore, not because I don’t like them but mostly because I know I would probably get addicted. I have a hard enough time finding a spare moment to call my girlfriend (Kelly Kapowski), let alone a spare 1-2 hours per week to devote to teen dramas (alright so I have A LOT of time on my hands). Anyway, Ed is my new guilty pleasure.

The best part about the TBS reruns are that they air in sequential order and you don’t have to wait an entire week to see the next episode, so you can ideally crank out an entire series in a few short months and several ditched classes.

At first I was upset when they pulled Saved by the Bell from the 12 o’clock time slot, but I got over it when I realized that I own every episode (minus the worthless “Tori” ones) on Digital Video Disc. I also have them memorized. Sad? Yes. Embarrassing? Yes. Do I care? NO.

If you haven’t seen it, basically it’s about a lawyer (Ed) who owns a bowling alley in Ohio and the “will they/won’t they” drama between he and a hot blonde teacher (Carol). It also has Michael Ian Black, the bad guy who has a heart attack in Dumb & Dumber, the horribly goofy cheerleader kid from Dodgeball and a bevy of other attractive females and guest-stars.

Right now they’ve just started Season Two, so you can get caught up if you need to. However, you’ve already missed out on one of the most extremely gorgeous sexbombs in television history named Bonnie Hane (played by Rena Sofer). She was a prosecutor that humped Ed for a few weeks while Carol was playing hard-to-get. She also gave me a lot of erections that I had to awkwardly explain to my all-male roommates.

I’m not going to lie, a lot of times I find myself yelling at the TV like a schoolgirl, mostly to tell the fat teacher chick (Molly) to stop feeling sorry for herself and Jazzercize, but also to tell Ed to forget Carol and sleep with all the hot babes that throw themselves at him.

So… if you’ve got nothing better to do weekdays at noon (midterms and finals are NOT excuses), why not tune to TBS and check out my boy Ed and friends?

p.s. – The only downside to watching this every day are TBS’s constant Sex & the City plugs. I may just be a moron (or a man with an actual sense of real humor), but I have yet to catch the punchline of any joke ever on that show. If you watch it, you are a retard. Retard = Female. Sorry.


Word of the Day

All original material property of Robertcat, ©2004-2005. Don't steal my stuff or I'll annihilate your face.