March 11, 2005

Gabbo is coming. Get ready.

I’ve been doing some thinking lately. Well, not “thinking” per se, but I did realize something about my life: I watch, talk, play, and think (and a lot of other verbs that probably would be weird if I mentioned them) sports all the time. I mean ALL the time. Seriously, in my 10 hours that I’m awake per day, I spend 11 of them in sports-related endeavors.

However, when I look at this blog, there is nowhere near as much sports content as there should be, considering that whole paragraph that I just wrote. This is why I’ve decided to open up a new page - creatively entitled Robertcat’s Sports Blog.

This is the perfect time to get this thing started, as it is arguably the best 3-week sporting period of the year. Think about it: College Hoops Conference Tournaments, followed by the Big Dance, which leads perfectly into Opening Day for my first and true love, Major League Baseball. And this year, absolutely no hockey whatsoever.

I don’t know exactly where I’m going to go with it yet, but I can guarantee that I’ll have a lot of fun with it, even though it will likely only interest like eight people that come here regularly. I don’t care. You don’t have to click the link if you don’t want to, but you’ll probably be missing out on my best not-even-close-to-credible journalistic efforts.

There’s nothing there now but a sextacular boner-inducing photo of baseball legend Kirby Puckett, but the official launch will be Sunday night following the NCAA Selection Special (for the women’s tournament, DUH) when I’ll review each of the regions and give my picks and comments, along with a bunch of other really cool stuff that I don’t even know about.

Until then, you can enter the Official Robertcat NCAA Tournament Challenge @ ESPN.com. It’s free to get in, so just sign up, join the group, fill out your bracket on Sunday night, and prepare to get embarrassed by yours truly. I’ll buy the winner something cool like a t-shirt of their choice or maybe give them a 1-minute shopping spree in my bedroom or whatever. I can also be talked into some pretty off-the-wall sexual favors fairly easily too. It probably won't matter though, cause I end up winning it every year. Good luck.

I’m not going to abandon the other parts of the site, so all three of you that are fans of my Word of the Day and Tool of the Week need not be afraid. I promise to continue my strive toward mediocrity in everything I do. Anyway, I hope you’ll enjoy the new content and hope to see you Sunday night. Until then, rock over London, rock on Chicago – Wheaties: Breakfast of Champions.

All original material property of Robertcat, ©2004-2005. Don't steal my stuff or I'll annihilate your face.