December 08, 2004

The "3" Drinking Game

I’ve been pumped ever since I heard ESPN was making a movie highlighting the life and times of Dale Earnhardt, and Saturday night my dreams will be realized. 3: The Dale Earnhardt Story,” starring Barry Pepper (who seems to like sports movies with numbers for titles – he played Roger Maris in 61*) as “The Intimidator”, will debut Saturday night @ 9:00.

Now, I don’t consider myself a NASCAR fan by any stretch of the imagination, but for some reason Dale has always held a special place in my heart, whether it be the black car, killer moustache or sexy accent. As a tribute to Dale and to help cope with what will probably be an absolutely horrible movie (based on ESPN’s previous movie ventures about Bobby Knight and Pete Rose, I’ve devised a “ 3” drinking game for your enjoyment/intoxication.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your Binge-ines...

1 drink every time you see a moustache

1 drink every time you hear tough guy talk

1 drink every time you see aviator sunglasses

1 drink every time you see a flag, 2 if it’s American, 4 if it’s Confederate

1 drink every time you hear the word “daddy”

1 drink every time you see someone wearing a wife-beater

1 drink every time cars bump each other

1 drink every time someone calls Dale “The Intimidator”

2 drinks every time you hear “gentlemen, start your engines”

2 drinks every time you see an ESPN plug/reference

3 drinks every time Dale wins a race

3 drinks if you see a “3 w/ halo & wings” car sticker

5 drinks if you see a bumper sticker saying “I’m not tailgating, I’m drafting”

5 drinks if Dick Trickle is ever mentioned

Finish the beer when Dale “makes his final pit stop”

Feel free to pick and choose and add your own as you feel led. You might as well just line up your coffins next to the couch because I have a feeling that the moustache one will do a lot of people in within the first five minutes. Also, if you’ve got nothing better to do on Saturday, come down to Athens and join us in the tribute to the man, the myth, the legend, THE INTIMIDATOR.

All original material property of Robertcat, ©2004-2005. Don't steal my stuff or I'll annihilate your face.