November 19, 2004

Go see National Treasure. Then punch yourself in the throat.

I have not actually seen this movie, but I can already give you three reasons why it sucks – Nicholas Cage is in it. How this guy got into Hollywood is beyond me, let alone how he’s managed to make a career for himself. You would think casting directors would review actors’ filmography before production, but apparently this is not the case. If they really had seen Matchstick Men, 8MM, Snake Eyes, Face/Off, etc, there is no way they would let this guy anywhere near a movie set.

I don’t know how well the movie will do at the box office and I don’t really know the premise because I can’t even pay attention through the whole trailer which is remarkable considering it’s only been on about 400 times in the last hour on ESPN. I am too busy cringing thinking about his classic line “What’s more exciting, boosting cars, or having sex?” If it involves Nicholas Cage? Neither, thank you very much.

If you can show me one Nicholas Cage fan out there, I will show you one person working with a few extra chromosomes. I’ll tell you what Nicky can do with his National Treasure. He can bury it securely in his no-talent ass because I for one am not buying it.

Apparently, Cage is interested in searching for an ape-man who supposedly lives in the Tibetan mountains. He became interested after seeing wild dogs in Africa. Don’t ask me how he made THAT connection. "We have dogs around us every day but to see a wild dog in its own nature is like seeing a cave man. It's like I kind of know you but I don't and you're interesting," the “actor” was quoted as saying. You have got to be kidding me.

On a lighter note, watch this Beagle run around on his front two legs.

This dog was not about to get upstaged by the Beagle. He decided to run around on his ONLY two legs. I think this video was supposed to be a heartwarming story about a dog overcoming the odds, but mostly it just creeps me out.

All original material property of Robertcat, ©2004-2005. Don't steal my stuff or I'll annihilate your face.